The ICLHE Board invites expressions of interest to host the 6th ICLHE Conference in the autumn of 2019. If you and your institution are interested in hosting the ICLHE 2019 Conference, please submit your expression of interest, containing the following:
- The site (local infrastructure and travel connections): what makes the host institution and location attractive for ICLHE?
- The organization team (the person(s) in charge, their experience in running conferences, familiarity with ICLHE)
- A proposed date
Expression of interest should be sent in electronic form to ICLHE by 6th September 2017, with subject line: “Conference 2019”. Feel free to attach any documents that can support your application.
Institutions wishing to make a bid should be able to provide the usual facilities to run a conference for up to 150 delegates including both plenary sessions and parallel streams.
The ICLHE Board will discuss the proposals immediately after the submission date in September. Short-listed candidates will be asked to present their application and supporting documentation during the Annual General Meeting of ICLHE on 5th October 2017 in Copenhagen.
Supporting documentation should not exceed ten A4 pages in length but may include, as appendices, brochures or other printed material concerning the venue and conference facilities, if these are available, as well as links to websites. Bids will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Previous commitment to ICLHE
- Cost / Budget / Funding
- Academic reputation
- Transport and accessibility
- Maintaining a balance between different countries
- Experience of the organization in hosting international conferences
The ICLHE Board is happy to answer questions concerning all the criteria and the procedure and will offer support to the conference organisers.
Further information can be found Call for ICLHE 2019.